Switching banks can be a hassle, so we have created the Switch Kit to help you move your banking relationship to our bank, where we believe that banking is personal and relationships are valued.
Easy. Simple. Quick.
In this kit you will find:
1. Five Easy Steps on Switching to First National Bank of Eagle River
2. Simple Answers to frequently asked questions
3. Form Letter to use for switching
4. Helpful Organizers
EASY. It's Easy to Switch - Follow these simple steps to move your banking relationship to the First National Bank of Eagle River:
1. OPEN A FNB CHECKING ACCOUNT. We will help you decide which account best fits your needs. Open a FNB Checking account online, or visit one of our branches in Eagle River, Phelps, St. Germain or Three Lakes.
2. STOP USING YOUR PREVIOUS CHECKING ACCOUNT. Allow time for outstanding checks and debits to clear – usually about 10 days. Destroy your ATM and/or debit card(s), any unused checks, and deposit slips.
3. MOVE YOUR DIRECT DEPOSITS(S) TO THE FIRST NATIONAL BANK. Notify anyone making direct deposits to your previous account of your new FNB information. Following is a direct deposit authorization form to assist you in quickly making this switch
4. TRANSFER ANY AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS AND DEBITS TO THE FIRST NATIONAL BANK. Notify anyone deducting automatic payments (mortgage, insurance, dues, etc) from your previous account to your new FNB information. Following is an Automatic Payment Form to assist you in quickly making this switch.
5. CLOSE YOUR PREVIOUS CHECKING ACCOUNT. After all your checks and automatic payments have cleared, close your previous checking account. Following is a form to notify your previous bank of your decision to close your account(s).
If you have questions during this process, we are always here to help at (715) 479-4406; or Toll Free at (888) 479-4406.
You can also visit us in Eagle River, Phelps, St. Germain or Three Lakes.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What should I do to have my paycheck deposited electronically into my First National Bank account?
A: Following is a Direct Deposit Authorization Form that you can complete and sign to authorize the payroll switch. This form should be given to your payroll clerk.
Q: What should I do to have my Social Security payment directly deposited into my FNB checking account?
A: For Social Security direct deposits call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 or go to www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm.
Q: What should I do to have payments that are automatically deducted from my old checking account transferred to my new FNB account?
A: Following is an automatic payment form to have drafts/automatic payments transferred to your FNB account. Once you have cancelled the draft we can also set up new automatic deductions for you on Internet Banking with Bill Pay, if you prefer to have more control over them.
Q: What should I do if I have trouble switching my account?
A: Call a First National Bank personal banker if you need help.
Q: How do I close my previous checking account?
A: Following is an Account Closing Form that can be used to notify your previous bank of your closing request.
Instructions and Forms
We are including three forms that will help you make a quick switch to the National Bank of Eagle River! Just complete and send these to the appropriate contacts to have automatic payment drafts and direct deposits moved to your new FNB account.
DISCLAIMER: This business is not responsible for and has no control over the subject matter, content, information, or graphics when viewing links attached to this website.